Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My View



Kermit entertains the firetrucks and the motorcycles on the shelf in the empty office. He sits next to this giant clock that has Goodman Media for numbers (12 letters for 12 spots). I want that office. Just because it has a window and a clock and a Kermit.

It is right across the walk way from my desk and every morning I open the door so I can see out the window. I'm constantly busy, but on day's like today it paid off.



This is the Queen Mary 2. It's bigger than a whole city block. I took the photo from my phone, but you can see the size of it. The dark stuff that looks like ground is actually 10+ story buildings. Then out by the water there are a couple of 20 story, or so, buildings. It's just a massive massive floating vessel. And tall.

Tom my boss pulled me in to his office to look at it. That's one of the things I love about this company. Everyone is genuine. Everyone is different, but they all seem united in making me feel welcome. I'm grateful for that. When I have a question, they don't make me feel stupid, and they let me participate in things that matter. Hopefully I can pay this forward, because I don't see payback as an option at this point.

My work is paying off, though. We've been having pretty good success. After this experience is finished, I will be able to report specifics.

The rain continued today, but just as I was leaving there was a hole in the clouds and light escaped to the water below. It was really pretty, but my phone had almost no battery, and so I was restricted from taking a picture.

But this I did snag a photo of a couple of days ago. It's the original yellow submarine mural by Roy Lichtenstein above the open area in the 42nd Street station. It's little details like this that make the entire trip so colorful.

Some color assembly required.

No comments:

Post a Comment