Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day Two: Experiences



One of the interesting things about New York is that experiences are not asked for they just come. Usually unannounced. Like that kid back in your freshman days of college who would hang out at your apartment and play video games. Yeah that one.

Some experiences are not so great. One not so great experience is the Naked Cowboy. He stands on a corner in the middle of Times Square with his white hat, white guitar, white boots and white speedo and sings his off-tuned southwestern serenades to any and all who will listen. I saw mostly asians in the crowd. I bet that thing doesn't happen much in the east.


My desk.

But some experiences are ones that should be logged away in the keep section of your mind. One such experience was lunch today. I had it in "the Diner." "The Diner" is the office break room that rivals most burger joints in Utah. Black and white tile on the floors. Tile on the walls. 50s styled booths with benches with red cushions. Round stools and the classic yellow and red condiment containers. It's pretty cool. That was the first surprise.

The second surprise was what I ate. I had a Turkey sandwich with Russian coleslaw on Rye that Mr. Goodman, the leader of Goodman Media International, recommended. He was buying and asked me what I wanted. I said surprise me, and he did. I really liked the sandwich. I asked him what the sandwich was called and he didn't know. So we ended up calling it the Goodman.

It embodied New York - differences that collaborate vibrantly.


Dinner at Famiglia Pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment